There is a Fungas Among Us

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yup...this is the most exciting thing that has happened so far this week. I discovered mushrooms on the side of my yard. I was worried....because surely something that ugly can't be good for your lawn! I googled it (as all professional scientist do), and the official status is my lawn is 'happy.' We had a TON of rain last week, and this area of my lawn is even MORE ignored than the rest of my lawn. It's the last to be raked, mowed, and it took me awhile to even spot them. I counted-there were 27. I took a picture, then I took a stick and knocked them all over b/c they were ugly. I have enough problems with an ugly lawn. Now I feel a little guilty....I didn't know they were happy mushrooms.

3 comments

Msheepers said...

Yup, mushrooms frequently pop up after a lot of rain.

Christy said...

They are Y-U-C-K-Y!

Thomas Family said...

Because our lawn is growing in sand we don't have the fun of mushrooms